Rethinking Your Business
We have extensive experience assisting our customers in reengineering and designing their business processes in support of transformation and improvement initiatives. As the initial activity for a transformation initiative, identifying, analyzing, and redesigning an organization’s core business processes is critical to determining what needs to change and how it needs to be reengineered.
We successfully conceived and developed a new process and web-based application for capturing and delivering lessons learned for the DoD. We are assisting the U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) in reengineering their processes for managing the care of Wounded, Ill and Injured personnel working through recovery and rehabilitation treatments. Our expertise was recognized with our selection as a prime contractor for business improvement initiatives for the Department of Veterans Affairs under the 5-year Agile Delivery of VA Imminent Strategic and Operational Requirements (ADVISOR).
Our team will be guided by the following principles in reengineering business processes:
- Knowledge before process.
- Organize around outcomes, not tasks.
- Have those who use the output of the process perform the process to verify the flow.
- Subsume information-processing work into the real work that produces the information.
- Treat geographically dispersed resources as though they were centralized.
- Link parallel activities instead of integrating their results.
- Put decision points where the work is performed and build controls into the process.
- Capture information at the source.
- Monitor and manage performance during implementation and through sustainment operations.